Monday 20 May 2013

Spicy roast field mushroom



Spicy roast field mushroom
Serves 1
A fridge inspection revealed a large mushroom and little else today. Was just going to roast it plain and eat with a slice of toast but I started looking at what else I had in my cupboard to rev up the flavour a bit and this is what I did… I swear this umami-packed shroom tasted just like meaty fillet steak!

1 large field mushroom
Dab of garlic paste
1 tsp Wholegrain mustard (or Dijon would be nice too)
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Drizzle olive oil
Pinch paprika and chilli powder
Salt and pepper
Toast and salad to serve

Preheat oven to 200C. Place the mushroom in a tin and spread the garlic and mustard over the black gills. Drizzle over the Worcestershire sauce and oil and sprinkle with the spices. Set aside until ready to cook then roast for 20 mins until juicy and cooked through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment